Every year, the Waihi Branch of Voice for Life runs an Essay Competition, open to 13 – 35 year olds around New Zealand.
The topic of this year’s essay competition is:
How are strong families important to society?
How to enter:
To enter, please email your entry to email@example.com by 16 September, 2017.
Essays should be under 1,000 words, and should:
- Discuss how life should be valued in society
- Discuss the question thoughtfully in a balanced manner
- Show depth of research.
Please email your entry as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org with “essay competition’ in the subject line.
Please include your name, telephone number, age and address in your email.
Prize Giving / Reading of winning essays: 31 October, 2017
- First prize: $300
- Second prize: $200
- Third prize: $100
Spread the Word!
You can promote the Voice for Life Waihi Essay Competition in your church, community group or youth group. Simply share our Voice for Life Facebook Page or download and print this A4 poster promoting the essay competition.
Conditions of Entry
- Essays will be on the theme of ‘How are strong families important to New Zealand?’ and will be no more than 1,000 words long.
- Essays must be submitted to Voice for Life Waihi branch by September 16, 2017.
- Essays will not have been published elsewhere
- Writers will be residing in New Zealand, and between the ages of 13 – 35 years of age.
- One entry per person will be accepted
- Voice for Life and Voice for Life Waihi Branch reserve the right to publish the winning entry, and other shortlisted entries, at the editor’s discretion.
- The winning writer’s name and photograph may be used by Voice for Life for publicity purposes.